Welcome to BLOG Zentangle. To learn about Zentangle, visit our website, read our free newsletters, take a class with a local Certified Zentangle Teacher (CZT), and best of all . . . create your own!


Saturday, October 8, 2011

Strength, Courage, Hope

Maria writes:
This is "I Am the Diva's" Challenge No. 42 . . . "Strength, Courage, Hope."

To me, this was a difficult one to illustrate without using language . . . which is how I like to do it . . . Zentangle-style.

I decided to focus on STRENGTH. I used a variation of the Zentangle tangle chainging.



This chain-like image represents strength . . . of family, friends and community. We depend on each other, whoever that may be.

I like the simplicity of the single chain and the gossamer background representing the fragility of the world we live in.

Love these challenges.

Maria

Rick adds:
After Maria gave me these tiles to photograph, my morning web surfing took me to YouTube simulations of our galaxy moving through space and the intertwining spiral paths traced by the planets' movement. I noticed a beautiful symmetry between those patterns and what Maria created.



Click images for larger views.

10 comments:

Saskia said...

great work! :)

Tricia, CZT said...

#1 tile is awesome. Lovely chain.

Lois Heinani Stokes said...

Strength, Courage, Hope ~ a galactic message ~ That's what the world needs now ~ Thank You

Minette said...

This is so amazing, I love the combination of patterns and while delicate, I can feel the steel and the strength in the chain. Beautiful words as well.

Margaret Bremner, Artist said...

Wonderful. Strong and delicate at the same time. Maria's tiles, families, relationships and our physical universe.
Thank you.
--Margaret

Carole Ohl said...

beautiful

Lindy said...

This is really creative. It really shows what can be done with Zentangling.

Jane Monk said...

I love the tangle tiles, also the photograph ... which to me shows both hope and courage - light always means hope to me - and the courage people have to explore space, also strength of character. You guys rock, great pics!

Anonymous said...

Maria I love your tiles. A beautiful combination of delicacy and strength. I also love the color on the top tile.

My question is this..I am fairly new to the wonderful world of Zentangle and though I have never used color in my tangles I would like to try to do so. Do you suggest using a marker or pencil for a hint of color? They probably both play an important part depending on what look you want. Could you please head me in a direction for both marker and pencil varieties? Thank you so much for showing us this beautiful art style. Zentangle has become very important to me. I enjoy it do much. Nancy

Blogger said...

Ever wanted to get free Facebook Followers & Likes?
Did you know you can get these ON AUTOPILOT & TOTALLY FREE by getting an account on Like 4 Like?